Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Monday indeed! From the looks of Michael Kline's blog he had a better day than me. These were bowls that got too dry too quickly. I tried to trim one, but it wasn't pretty. Guess there will be a learning curve on working outside. I've been used to AC in studios. Still, it was really beautiful today and I love being able to work out there. Only two little bowls survived, so I practiced a little brushwork on white slip, never did this before, I like it, but need much more practice. Maybe I should take a sumi-e class. Hmmm..........
I liked the pictures Michael had on his blog of the pottery journals and thought I would share a few of mine. I don't have the patience to sit down and sketch very much but I am very good at ripping images that I like out of magazines. The only problem with this many books is finding what I'm looking for when I need it. One of the best journals I have seen was Debra Fritt's book. I did a workshop with her at Arrowmont and she shared her book with us. The one she had with her was a very soft brown leather journal with amazing notes and sketches. Very inspiring. The best journal ever was Dan Eldon's. I gave his book to Wes for Christmas one year
It is also very inspiring. Check out this really interesting website for more about Dan www.daneldon.org

No comments: