Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm back...but not really

Last time I threw on my wheel this was the bucket of leftover clay I had. Looks like it's been awhile, huh? Friday I tried to straighten up my studio a bit thinking I would get back to work, and I lasted about an hour before I had to go back to bed and rest. I can't seem to get my strength back as soon as I thought I would, it takes my breath just to walk upstairs and I am still coughing up the grossest stuff from my lungs. I am not a poster child for being sick and usually get back at it way too soon and end up feeling bad for months. This one hasn't been like that, I haven't been able to do anything and don't even feel like trying. I am bored out of my mind and want to get back on my wheel or at least do some hand building, but it ain't happenin'. I am happy for your blogs though, I just lay around with my laptop and read up on what everyone else is doing out there. Also, Wes is getting great movies for me to watch. Yesterday, No Country for Old Men, didn't see it in the theater, wish I had now. If you haven't seen it, rent it, very smart, very well done! I did manage to get out today and take Wesley to Jerry's Art o Rama in Raleigh, her favorite store, she just drools when she walks in the door. My mom sent her some money for school and she is spending it on art supplies. She did get some great stuff for her new love, charcoal. Funny, she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in clay. But she is a really good artist.

My friend Deb Harris is recently back from 9 months in China and brought me back this gift. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is a Kushi, from Japan (I think she got it in Japan)It is a very cool tool and I managed to roll out a small slab and make this tray just to see what kind of patterns this tool could make. Looking forward to more decorating with it soon. I can't believe how much energy it took me just to roll this one little slab.
This little guy had a nap out on the deck yesterday. I was thinking he might be sick, but when I opened the door he ran off, so I guess he was ok. Never seen a squirrel nap on my deck before. So there it is, I have algae in my clay, I have made one tray in one week and squirrels are napping on my deck. Quite the life I have here, right?!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I went through a recuperation period a couple of months back and just getting up to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water exhausted me, so I can sympathize with you. Hope you feel better soon. Loved No Country for Old Men, I don't think enough people saw it. That bad guy really gets under your skin.

Sister Creek Potter said...

So sorry that you are having such a bad time with a slow recovery. This too will pass--probably quite suddenly. Good luck.

Judy Shreve said...

Sure hope you start feeling like yourself again soon. It's a drag to be sick.

doug Fitch said...

Get well soon Tracey. At least you know people all over the world are thinking of you! Best wishes, Doug

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes. At least I have all of the beautiful pots you're making to look at if I can't make anything myself! Still coughing up the gross stuff, but feeling a bit stronger, YAY!