Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Youth Vote

This morning as I drove up to Wesley's school, there was a large group of kids outside with their Obama shirts on giving high fives and hugging everyone and shouting out "Obama". There was so much joy at the entrance, as soon as Wes got out of the car they ran up to her. What a way to be greeted in the morning! The school election yesterday voted overwhelmingly for Obama. This is a K-12 charter school and full of kids that are going to make the world a better place. We are so lucky to have this school in our area because the public schools in Chatham County are in a pretty sad state politically and intellectually from the "every child left behind plan" of the Bush administration. I may not get anything done today, but I did manage to make a teapot yesterday, dated on the day Obama won. I should probably keep this one, although I wanted to fire it in the wood kiln and have it for our December sale. We'll see.............

No comments: