Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!

Well, it's finally here. There it is, all 565 pounds of it, sitting in my driveway because the freight guy couldn't take it " 'round back". I had to beg to get it this far. Gotta find me some strong young men tomorrow! Did I mention it is supposed to snow tonight. In fact little tiny flakes are falling as I write this. Lordy Lordy, as my grandma used to say. Anyway, I finally have my very own kiln! No more loading all my stuff up to take to four different places. Woooo, hoooo!!!

9 comments:

Emily Murphy said...

Congratulations! What kind of kiln did you get? I'm going to be buying an electric kiln soon so I'm anxious to hear about other people's experiences in buying one.

Tracey Broome said...

Emily:
This is an Olympic 10 cu ft. gas/raku kiln, will fire to cone 10 and I will be using natural gas. I ordered it through Axner and they were great to deal with. I'll put some more pics up when I get it unwrapped and in place.

Judy Shreve said...

Yahoo! I love it when dreams come true!

cindy shake said...

Congratulations! It's like the kiln fairy came and left you the best gift ever :o)) Can't wait to see pics of the install. I bet it will be hard to sleep tonight -but will be like waking up on Christmas morning!! Oh darn, now you will really have to kick the work out -ha!

Hollis Engley said...

Congratulations, Tracey. Find those guys, get that kiln hooked up and go for it. A good friend of mine fires in that very kiln, and if you need advice, I can put you in touch with her.

Michele D. said...

Woo Hooo!!! Congrats!

Enjoy...

cookingwithgas said...

Yea! It will feel really good full of pots and chugging along.

Jerry said...

Congrats & have tons of fun!

Linda Starr said...

Oh, how wonderful for you, can't wait to see you use it.