Thursday, March 12, 2009

Amy Sanders

Just a shout out here to Amy Sanders. Her Pottery Making Illustrated article is so much fun. I did a little trial and error demo today with my hand building class at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro. I struggled, they watched. The quilted tile is great. Today my class made a bunch of stamps to use later if they make the tile. One of my students has a subscription to the magazine and brought it in today. All commented on how great it was for Amy to share her techniques in such a helpful way. I was thinking that this technique could also make a nice sushi tray or trivet, so I'm going to explore other possibilities this week for my class. I may also try this for summer camp. The theme is nature, so the tiles could have a nature theme. Thanks Amy!!! Of course, I forgot to bring my camera to class, arghh.

2 comments:

amy said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Tracey! I'm excited to hear that the article was helpful and that you're trying the project with your students. Please post pictures if you take some.

Tracey Broome said...

Hi Amy:
This is such a fun project, I could make these all day long. My students made some great stamps yesterday, hopefully they will be fired this week and we can make tiles next week. I'll try to remember my camera.