Here is my 12 lb. coil vase that I made last week. It's about 20" high. It came out beautifully! If you click on the image you can see more detail and see how crazy the copper got. It wasn't as hard to lift out as I thought it would be. Gerry is on his way home from an assignment in California, I'm going to see if he can shoot some better images for me when he gets home. Until then, here are some very unprofessional snaps.
Slab and coil built, I will probably change the beads and earrings once I decide what I want. I just tried these out to see where I want to go.
This sweet little dish got lost in the last firing. It ended up in the bottom of one of the trash cans and went through multiple firings.
I'm not sure I like the way this turned out. It was supposed to be a very light mint green and I don't think I like this darker green so much. Wes liked it, but I don't know.....I'm pretty happy for the most part, though. Everyone that fired yesterday had great results. Thanks to Barbara Mackenzie for heading up these open firings at Claymakers, they are a bunch of fun and we have a great group of clay artists.