Friday, April 24, 2009

Silent Auction

Wesley's school is having a silent auction and art show in May to raise money for the art department, I am on the auction committee and I asked some of my favorite local potters if they would contribute something. Here are the very generous donations I got. Aren't potters the best! The serving bowl above is by Deborah Harris.
The cup and saucer are from Doug Dotson and the serving platter below is by Rusty Sieck. I have a pitcher that matches this plate. The photos really don't show these pieces for what they truly are. I was in a hurry to get them delivered for catalog photography and snapped them quick on my deck.
Mark Hewitt gave me a mug like the one on the right that he fired for the Catawba show in his new kiln. I have the other two mugs for myself. Thanks, all of you for your generosity!

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

wow, how generous of them, that's going to be a great auction and fundraiser.