Tuesday, June 2, 2009

24 YEARS!

June 1 was my 24th wedding anniversary. We went to the Top of the Hill, our favorite place in Chapel Hill for dinner and their famous blueberry summer beer. You have not lived until you have had a blueberry beer and an Old Well beer from this place. And yes the photos show that I had several!
Wes shot this frame. The sun was really strong and we were back lit, so being the daughter of a professional photographer, she used her rose colored glasses as a filter. Brilliant child, that one! I like the mood of this picture, pretty much how I was feeling after the ales. I think we still look pretty good after putting up with each other's craziness for 24 plus years. We met in college when Gerry was a drummer in a band and I was a punk/skater chick from Myrtle Beach.
It's been quite a ride. I'm not the easiest person to live with sometimes. Just can't seem to figure out what to do when I grow up and can't seem to figure out how to grow up, ha!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

sweet- 24 is nothing to sneeze at!
Good job!

Judi Tavill said...

well done... I'm 9 years behind you!!!! Live it up sista!

Linda Starr said...

congrats, you're a day ahead of me, time flies quickly. looks like you had fun, I laughed at 'the photos show I had several' te he, don't like beer, but blueberry sounds pretty good.

Peter said...

Happy 24th. Don't bother growing up, just enjoy being as you are. I'm sure growing up is highly overrated. Leave it to those who really think it matters! How lovely it would be to keep a childlike sense of the "unordinariness" of each new day!
Best Wishes, P.

Anonymous said...

congrats on 24... it's a long time and the blueberry ale sounds dreamy, have to say neither of you look that old.

Laura Farrow said...

That is a fabulous picture of you 2! Our 7th wedding anniversary was June 1 as well. We spent it painting our shed and eating out at a fancy restaurant. I'll send you a pic of the shed..it was really a fun project. Congrats and hope to see you soon! xoxo