Friday, August 21, 2009

Thanks Catherine!

I'm just home from Claymakers and the opening of Drawn to Clay. Many of you had work in this show and many of you sold work tonight! I wish you all lived closer so that you could have been there and seen how many people love your work and were asking about each of you. Samantha and Bruce at Bulldog Pottery must have done a great job getting the word out because they had a lot of people coming in asking if they were there and lots of interest in their pottery. I know that I sold one of the boxes and I can't remember what else sold. We had people come in that had been in Seagrove shopping all day and were such fans of potters. It just made me so proud for each and every one of you to hear the comments about your work and I can tell you that there was not one piece in this show that was not appreciated and admired! The other thing I would like you to know is how hard Catherine worked to represent you tonight, she literally lost her voice by the end of the evening and talked about all of the work as if it were her own. Ronan was there as well, explaining the process Gillian Parke goes through to make her wonderful pieces and introducing Micheal Kline to some folks who did not know his work, explaining Michael's techniques, and sharing information about all of the potters in the show. All of Jen Mecca's pillow tiles sold, and only two of Susan Feagin's pieces are left, and on and on. It was a wonderful evening and so many people left with great smiles on their faces and lots of pots have happy new homes. (There was only one disappointed lady, she came in looking for Alex Matisse's work and so I sent her on to Mark Hewitt's. )I hope all of you can get to know Catherine if you don't already and maybe thank her for giving us this great new gallery to showcase all of the talent we have around here. She has made so many great changes in her short time as the new owner of Claymakers and it is such a great thing to be a part of!!
This is Catherine talking to a gallery visitor

and Ronan talking to some of his fans! Congratulations everyone, there are some fine pottery lovers out there! I wish I had better photos for you but there was barely time for me to snap these between ringing up sales at the register.

5 comments:

Liz Paley said...

I was really sorry to have missed this one, but Freiburg's a little too far away to have made the trip. Thanks, Tracey, for the detailed report, and glad the show was such a success!

Ron said...

Wow, what a crowd. I wish we could have made it. Thanks for the pics.

Tracey Broome said...

Yes, I think Freiburg would have been a bit far for me as well!Ron, I think you sold some work,I can't remember. I know there was a gentleman asking lots of questions about you! I wish everyone could have been there, I would have been so much fun.

amy said...

Thanks so much for posting about the show Tracey! I really wish our gang could've made it up for the opening- looks like it was quite an event. I'll be teaching up there in October, so hopefully the show will still be up for viewing!

Tracey Broome said...

Hi Amy, you had someone sign up for your workshop last night and we had information out about it. I hope to take it as well, I work at CM in trade for workshops so that may be my trade out class!