Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Raku

I have bunches of new pots today. I glazed and fired 6 cycles, started at 8am and finished up at 8pm. The AP has given Gerry a new video camera to shoot photo essays (pictured in an earlier blog) and he shot video today of the process. I had a camera around me all day, while I tried to concentrate on glazes and firing schedules and getting things in reduction, and it was quite interesting to work around tripods, odd camera angles, and thinking about lighting and exposures along with everything else. I have seen a couple of clips and it is going to be an amazing thing when it's finished. Can't wait to get it up on my blog! Will be a few days I'm sure. I have class tomorrow, more firing on Friday and a show this weekend, so I'll try to get some pics up sometime soon. I'm really happy with some of the new glazes I have been testing. Stay tuned for photos and video to come...............

5 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Can't wait to see the video, you bowl above is beautiful,love the interior texture.

Linda Starr said...

should be your bowl

jbf said...

I'd like to see the video too. Can never see enough raku.

Judy Shreve said...

What fun to be a 'movie-star' while you are firing! Can't wait to see the video -- that bowl is luscious.

(Also loved the last post of Wesley & her group!)

cindy shake said...

Glad you guys got out of the Bars and back to work -hahaha! I LOVE seeing your Raku, it is so inspiring. Can't wait to see the vid.

*my verification word was -alibroome!