Tuesday, December 8, 2009

beer glasses


I read on Ron Philbeck's blog the other day that he was sipping beer from a ceramic cup, so I thought I would give it a try in my new favorite cup, you know the one, right? Blurry photo isn't it, beer, remember......anyway, I find that I don't like sipping beer from a ceramic cup. first of all the foam would not go away, second, the beer got warm really fast, I like cold beer if it's cheap beer, and third I like drinking cold beer from the glasses we keep in the freezer. We bought a set of wonderful beer glasses from the Broome St. Bar in Soho when we were in NY, I have amazing memories from that bar and that's what I want to drink my beer out of when I use a glass. Here is the bar, such a cool local pub. I would move to Soho just to be able to go here ever day.Mostly I just like a long neck beer bottle to hold on to while I drink a beer, (I'm sure someone could make a sexual inuendo comment about this, but's let's don't). So there is a quick thought on beer drinking and pottery. I like tea, wine, and water, in that order, from my pottery, but not beer. One last thing, guess what, it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. My grandmother used to make up words when she wanted to swear, because she didn't swear. One was "I Swigger." Really. So...... I swigger, rain again?!?!? I swaney, what are we going to do!

6 comments:

cindy shake said...

Girl, I need to get you drinking Alaskan Amber, I swigger! I can't imagine BUD LIGHT tasting good in even the coolest of cups! haha ;o)

Tracey Broome said...

I know....everybody gives me a hard time about drinking Bud. Could be worse, my dad used to drink those Miller ponies, ick!

cookingwithgas said...

I swaney you are from the south!
I like my beer out of a highball glass or smaller glass.
The same for me- glass for beer and wine.
But a good mug or teabowl for anything else.

Anonymous said...

although i probably agree about drinking beer from clay it's mostly because i really love the color of a nice ale but even though lately i've tried to throw some thin pilsner shaped glasses.

Hollis Engley said...

I think I recognize that cup. And you have my permission to keep beer out of it. You do look like a long-neck kind of woman, Tracey, and I'm with Cindy ... Alaskan Amber over Bud Light.

Linda Starr said...

Gary said I need to make some goblets to drink wine out of. I was thinking of making them wider at the top to appreciate the color, somehow glass shows the color better though.