Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Get 'em while they're hot!

I dropped some things off at the NC Crafts Gallery in Carrboro today. I had everything out for Sarah to look at and choose from and noticed some of the pieces were missing. One of her customers had already picked up several items and was heading for the register. Talk about a fast turn around! They were in the store for less than 30 minutes! I love that! One of the ladies that works at the gallery had seen my work at Festifall and asked if I would wholesale some things. The next week I brought them in for Sarah to look at and she placed an order. I think most everything that I brought in has sold, except for some large vases that are on consignment and she gave me a very nice order today! I left my "Sung Dynsasty inspired" jar for her today on consignment, hope it finds a happy home, I love that jar! It was great to see the gallery very busy with customers and lots of sales were going on while I was there and it was 10:00 am. I also loved hearing the comments from one shopper that she refused to support Walmart and was shopping to support artists. How great that there are people like that out there. Sarah has lots of wonderful work in the gallery right now, so if you are looking for a special gift head on over!

7 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Send that fast buyer to Cape Cod, will you?

ang design said...

oh super trace.. nice work on the gallery front..

cookingwithgas said...

You are hot!
Makes you feel like you are on the right track.

cindy shake said...

Woo-hoo!! Great news, sounds like you are now on the upswing, ahhhh the wonderful yin and yang of being an artist!

Anonymous said...

that's great... walmart doesn't need any more business

Laura Farrow said...

congrats!!

HJ said...

Walmart sucks. I never shop there, and if they disappeared off the planet today, I wouldn't care; the world would be a much better place.