Monday, December 7, 2009

Good trade

One of the best things about doing art shows and festivals is all of the nice people you meet. At the end of the show on Saturday one of the vendors asked if I would like to trade. I asked what she had and when she said bread, I said absolutely. My family could live on bread and water, no lie! She got a raku tray and I got one loaf of sourdough, one wheat sourdough and one ciabatta and a seasoning packet was included for olive oil. Sunday, I made a big pot of black bean soup and we ate two of the loaves, one is left for lunch today. Sooooo good. The little bowl is one of my earthenware tests that I forgot to post pictures of, the only one that did not pin hole. It is a really sweet bowl.

9 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Great bowl and nice trade.

DirtKicker Pottery said...

That is so fun. I would love to trade my pots for other stuff. I wish there was a website set up to do just that. Christmas shopping would be so easy.
We are total bread crazy at our house too. Most of our Winter dinners consist of soup and a big wedge of yummy bread.
That photo belongs in a magazine. It's perfect.

cookingwithgas said...

That is a great trade- bread for the soul and pottery for the soul as well.
Love the picture with the yummy bread and yummy bowl.

cindy shake said...

Your bowl is FAB! I LOVE to trade!! Some of our best pieces of art have come from trading -otherwise we would have never been able to afford them! I did notice that this year artists were hanging on to their inventory a bit more though and not being able to make a lot of trades :o(

Laura Farrow said...

yum, Tracey, yum.

Trish said...

Oh YES...warm toasty bread and a great soup..so perfect for the cool days!..and, as noted, the perfect bowl to hold in ones' hands. Good Tidings.

ang design said...

sweeet, i love a good trade..

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Sounds like a great trade to me. Nice bowl in the picture too.

createniks said...

The bread looks good. But not as nice as the blue on the inside of that bowl. That's gorgeous.