Monday, January 4, 2010

ALONE?!?!?!



I'm sitting here alone in my house on a very cold Monday morning. Did I say alone!?!? Do you know how long it has been since I had one moment alone in this house! Since the week before Christmas Eve! 16 days of fixing three meals a day, listening to loud music, loud TV, wrapping gifts, shopping for gifts, cleaning up after people constantly, washing dishes (like all day long it seemed) moving furniture around to make room for the tree, visiting family and friends, cleaning out the attic, cleaning out closets, drawers, rooms......
and now here I sit, all alone. It is so quiet, my clock is ticking and the dog is snoring, the only sounds I hear. Now what do I do? Wesley said before she left for school that when she got home I better have some pottery made, so I guess I have my orders, right?! First a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts, a cup of tea and then I am heading up to the studio to get to work.
I have plans for a saggar fire next week with my good friend Barbara McKenzie and I need to get busy making stuff for a couple of shows I have applied for, and work on a new pendant idea I have. Yesterday, the Artscenter had a reception at University Mall and signed up a record number of people for their Winter/Spring classes. It was really fun, they asked some of the art instructors to come and give demos of their classes. There were dance instructors teaching hip hop and ball room dance, painters, screen printers, writing excercises, and I did pottery demos.
I met so many nice people. Hopefully both of my classes will fill and I will have some fun new students. The ceramic studio coordinators at the Artscenter spent the holiday cleaning and painting the studio and there was a little celebration there yesterday as well. It looks so great and so clean, very inspiring, I can't wait for my classes to start!! Everyone have a great week!!! Let's get some pots made!
(PS: the photo is from new south park pj's I gave Wes for Christmas, they are so adorable!)

6 comments:

Ron said...

Here's to getting off to a good start! (I'm still on my first cup of tea though!)

Laura Farrow said...

Sounds like a very productive and exciting start to the new year, Trace. WHOO HOO!

cindy shake said...

You're singing my song sister!!

cookingwithgas said...

I love a day alone! Too bad you have to spoil it with clay!
")!
Enjoy!
M

ang design said...

go trace, hope the potting has hotted up already by my calc's you should be 5 hours into your day!! get cracking! i had a warm up session yesterday, did some cruising for galleries online and also still on my 1st cuppa tea for the day what a slacker!!!

Tracey Broome said...

Hi all: the day went well, a little slow getting started on the wheel, a bit rusty but got a few nice things made today. Back is tired though!