I finished up the coil pot I started yesterday. As with the other coil pots I have made, this one got a bit out of hand. they just seem to grow and grow. I have got to figure out how to have a shape in mind before I start instead of half way through!
I decided I didn't like where this one was going so I turned it upside down and added a rim to the bottom.
then I made a lid
added a piece of bamboo that was laying around in my studio and TA DA!
It weighs 7 lbs. finished. I cannot, no way, no how throw a 7 lb vase this tall.
this is a 3 lb vase I threw while coils dried. Now to burnish and add terra sig, day three tomorrow.
Oh and a certain someone in my house got a certain cup in the mail from a certain potter! I'll post more later about this, but let's just say Gerry was very surprised and happy with the package!