Thursday, January 7, 2010

Productive week so far

I've had a really good week in the studio so far. Already have a small bisque going in the kiln with things for a saggar fire I have planned for next week. The sun coming in my studio is crazy right now with no leaves on the trees. I think I may have to get some shades up. This guy above was inspired by Sid Luck's little apple bakers. I love apple bakers, I may start making some for the summer Farmer's Market, but for some reason, I seem to want to put random animal heads on everything I make. This started out as a .....let's see, can I make apple bakers.....well this won't be one unless I stick the apples on his horns :) maybe I can put grapes in this one!
I should have shot a picture of these after the terra sig and burnishing, they were so pretty. But I forgot and they are in the kiln right now. I love terra sig.
I am applying for Shakori Hills Music Festival this year as a craft vendor. It's a crowd of mostly stoned hippies, so I figured some little yin yang pendants would be nice. I will Raku these black and white and they will be great. Wesley's band was invited to play at Shakori this year and it is the weekend of her 17th birthday, so if I get in the show we will have four days of music and fun!
Little vases for the saggar fire
Bye, bye........

7 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

You have been busy -- some great looking pots -- and animal heads! Good luck on the show. That would be fun to be there while Wesley's band plays.

Laura Farrow said...

great lookin stuff tracey!

ang design said...

animal heads eh? well why not! the 'mystery' is unveiled on mine this morning, check it out trace, def not clay...cheers ang

cindy shake said...

You can really tell that you have been inspired! your work has a wonderfully creative quality all its own. Really good to see :o) Don't you wish we could just flip an on and off switch when we want to work like that?!

Trish said...

Great work for the week, Tracey.
Yes, burnished pots are great! I have only done a few but want to do more this year. Good luck with the show. t.

Linda Starr said...

Love the animal heads, beautiful work.

Jerry said...

Your work is looking great. I think those pendants will go quick. That is really exciting that Wes' band is playing at Shakori. I have heard that it is a wonderful festival.