Saturday, February 13, 2010

Here we go again

Woke up to MORE SNOW! Can you believe this? Gotta call my mom down in Myrtle Beach today, looks like the beach got snow and she is always so excited. Don't you like this little bird house? Gerry's parents gave it to him years ago.
First of all, I have to tell you how PROUD I am of my husband! I watched the opening of the Olympics with my laptop and had AP Images up watching as his photos came in. He got three APTOPIX which is huge!!! I did a google search for his photos this morning and they are all over the place. Check out USA Today, they used his topix , as well as a bunch of other websites out there. He called very quickly during the ceremony to say hi. He is there with some of the best photographers in the world and his images are all over the place this morning!!! My favorite is the one of the team mate of the luge competitor that died. It is very touching and you can just see the sadness in that poor boy's eyes. I just started crying when I saw that image. To me, that was THE image of the night(of course, I am a bit biased). That's what a photo is supposed to do, make you smile, make you cry, make you think! Great job Gerry, send me some pictures for my blog!
I am hoping that Wesley got the sledding out of her system when her dad was home, because I ain't goin out there! Not my thing, this cold stuff. My dog ran off in it last night around 11pm and finally came home this morning at 1am. Soaking wet, covered in snow. What was he thinking?!
Staying in today with hot soup and clay. Everyone have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Bert said...

Congratulations to your husband! Dallas got all time record snow fall thursday, around 12 inches. Posted the pictures I thought were best on my blog but it doesn't give the sense of how much snow there was.

Anonymous said...

congrats to gerry... unbelievable accomplishment. i haven't watched anything on tv but saw a video posted about the luge thing and couldn't bring myself to watch it. the tragedy of it is too much. anyway, hope gerry sends some pic for you to post.

FetishGhost said...

Huge congrats to your husband! I originally headed off to art school dreaming to accomplish something like that... but I got a bit sidetracked. Sigh...