Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Throw Down Your Heart

I thought the last blog post would be it for the week, but I just had to tell all of you about this DVD before I head out for Shakori. I picked up this DVD at the library Tuesday, since we are going to see Bela Fleck this weekend (can't wait). We saw him at Bonnaroo last year and it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. If you like music, if you play an instrument, if you sing, even if you don't, you HAVE to see this video. AMAZING! Check out the website here.
I got everything packed, tent is set up and I am heading back over tomorrow to unpack my pots. I have the most perfect location!!!! My tent is right in front of the Grove stage, so I will get to sit in my tent and watch every performance on that stage, so cool!
By the way, I have been picking up lots of great CDs and DVDs at the local library in Chapel Hill. What a great resource the library is. We are there almost every week. One of the best CDs I picked up this week is Ali Farka Toure. Try some of this while throwing on the wheel, I swear I threw the best pots I have ever thrown with this music playing!
So this is the last post until Monday, I am leaving the computer at home and going to enjoy some good music and hang out with the hippies for a while. I'll take lots of pics!!

2 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Have a great show,Tracey. I've been a fan of Bela since I saw him with New Grass Revival about 20 years ago. We saw him with Chick Corea in New Bedford last year. Great show. And I first heard Ali Farka Toure on "The World" on NPR. Great stuff.

Vicki Gill, potter said...

I've got a CD of Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder (Talking Timbuktu)which is so great for throwing late at night. Have a great show!