Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where is my photographer?

The deadline for entering the NC Landscape show is Friday and where is my wonderful photographer/husband? Shooting (photographing) Tiger Woods, when I need him here shooting barns! I am left to my own skills, which are minimal at best, hope the juror is understanding!
Jen Mecca is getting some nice results with her new set up and I keep saying "I gotta get me one of them". Jen also posted a "day in the life" a few days ago and I have had one of those days, so I thought I would post one too. I think we should all do that, misery loves company. So here goes:
Up at 6am, Gerry left for the golf tournament to cover bad boy Tiger (why do we really care about this guy?) unloaded a bisque, checked in with the blog world, returned emails.
Packed Wesley's lunch, got her up, took her to school, left lunch on counter with my wallet, came back home, got lunch and wallet, back to school then to the garden center for veggies and herbs, it was freezing, brrrr, not enough clothes on. Stopped by Mickey D's for a very large tea, got home, unpacked the car, cleaned out the flower beds, made two teepee trellises for the tomatoes from some little trees we had cut down, planted veggies (oh, dog had crapped on the floor, forgot to let him out before I left, oops) cleaned that up, mopped the floor, took the rugs out side to hose off, ick. Cleaned my kiln area, class is coming to my house to fire tomorrow. Washed two loads of clothes, finished unpacking from Shakori, glazed a cone 6 load of baskets and trays, time to pick up Wes at school, came home and finished show application, re did resume, photographed barns, edited pics, burned a CD, packed up the app, went to the post office, missed the post office by 5 minutes so Wes will mail tomorrow for me, went to Torero's for tamales and a beer, home again, brought in rugs, went to the Artscenter to pick up glazes and some clay, back home, unpacked car, set up a glazing table for my class, washed dishes in sink, now I'm wrapping up this blog and heading for a shower. I forgot to eat lunch and I haven't brushed my hair since Sunday. Whew~! this is a pretty typical day.....sigh.
Oh yeah, while I was digging all of those holes? I dug up yellow clay and very very red orange clay in two different places. I just sat there and rolled some balls with it and dreamed of digging big pits in my yard and harvesting my own clay. Gerry would just love that :)

9 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I love them!
Tell gerry to come on home!

Tracey Broome said...

Golf this week Darlington race next week, sports sports sports! jeez...
I am really liking the barns and the statement I wrote for them got all kinds of wheels turning!

ang design said...

they look great trace, well done and can't believe you got through all of that in one day...I just went and had lunch with the girls and did a couple of work jobs! :)

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Your photos look fantastic! If my life was that busy I would have to do the Scarlett O'Hara thing.. After all, tomorrow is another day :)

Judy Shreve said...

Your photos do look great. Good luck with the show! Whew - what a day! Hope Gerry is home soon. Have fun firing with your class today.

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks ya'll, yep, I was tired last night!
Jeff, when I get one I think you would like we can trade a painting for a box, I have a view of Wesley's painting from my studio and I want one too!

Linda Starr said...

Those are great photographs, especially love the first one. Another Scarlett here too, way too much for me.

Hollis Engley said...

Hey, let the shooter chase Tiger. You've done just great all by yourself, Tracey. The barns look great. Save me one for when we come down in September.

Kari Weaver said...

You crack me up. It sounds like one of those stay-at-home-mom should make 150K/year for all the stuff we do stories. Your check is in the mail.

The photos look good. Nice to have an in-house photographer on call. I have to rely on my own lackluster photography skills.

I really like those barns.