Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Unmistaken Child

We are watching a lot of documentaries right now. Wesley is planning to apply to the NC School of the Arts film/screenwriting program next year and will be spending this summer writing/creating a film for her application. We have watched a bunch of great films to get her inspired and the one we watched today was one of the best we have seen so far. It is called Unmistaken Child and was suggested to us by my friend Laura Farrow. Great recommendation Laura! Another good one was About a Son, a visual treat with audio storytelling by Kurt Cobain.
Unmistaken Child is about a monk's reincarnation, I don't want to give away too much, rent it and see what happens, it's great! We also rented Moon, by David Bowie's son. No idea what this one is about, but Wes knew about it, said it is supposed to be pretty good. I'll let ya know.
I have been whining again today with tooth pain so I haven't done much with clay although I really need to. Just watched movies instead, pitiful I know. If you have any good film suggestions for us, please feel free to pass them along. Our local video store has a great selection of documentaries, foreign films and really unusual titles. I like supporting them instead of an unknown postal address. It's fun to stroll through the aisles and find some off the wall film and bring it home. I also like the after hours window drops. I am also easily amused :)

3 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

the best thing for the pain is drugs.............. or watching movies! I'LL have to check these out.

Hollis Engley said...

Tracey, if you get a chance, take a look at the "Kokanee" video on our son Marcus's blog, Pantengliopolis, listed on the right side of my own blog. He and his friend Andy Toyota, who made this particular video, are just finishing up a filmmaking class at a Seattle college. If you like mountains and snow, you'll like this little film. And good luck to Wes; filmmaking is a great thing to do.

ang design said...

I like peter greenaways films always stunningly shot although strange..and robert altman's gosford park is a fav too..and seeya to the van then.. that view is amazing!