Monday, July 19, 2010

Mamas

Wesley taught my 80 year old mom some songs on the guitar when we were at the beach last week. I wish I had a video but she wouldn't let me because she "didn't have her hair fixed" pleeez, did she not notice that I barley get mine brushed? So, I shot a pic of her hand, it was pretty cool watching her and her grand daughter playing together. I'm heading out to the Local 506 in Chapel Hill in a minute to see Wesley's band. I am hoping she is singing the song she wrote that is amazing. If so, I'll get it up on the blog here for tomorrow.
Shot a pic of this mama and her babies on the way to Susan's kiln firing Saturday. Such little babies......
Thanks all for the chigger bite suggestions and thoughts, still itching but nothing a cold one won't help in a minute :)

5 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Cant wait to hear Wesley's song, I know my mom would say the same thing about her hair she used to hate her photo taken even when we were kids. Aw the little ones are so cute, two bambies and their mom.

cindy shake said...

Love the new look! I really love the photo of your mom's hand!!

Judy Shreve said...

Hope the chigger bites are better this morning! Love your mom's hands & the fact that Wesley taught her some songs -- very cool.

I had an idea about keeping your white terra sig white -- do you add any titanium? Or you could even add some white underglaze -- might help it not to yellow.

cookingwithgas said...

love the shot of her hands....
I too hoped that we would get a taste of wesley's song!
Soon?

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Really precious time to have your mom and your daughter together playing music... Hey, glad to hear the chiggers have calmed down!