Saturday, July 31, 2010

New cups

We have added two new cups to our ever growing collection. Got these from my good friend Laura Farrow, who had a very successful show last night at the Hillsborough Artwalk. People were standing in line to buy these cups and one got snatched right out of my hand. Actually, the lady was in the process of paying for it and I had picked it up not knowing it already had a new owner! Almost all of the cups in the show found new homes. They are so fun, pinch pots and painterly glazes, what's not to love about them?
My friend Kristen and I went to the Artwalk together, there was so much music, so much art, and soooo many people. The streets were packed. My other friend Susan had her wood fired sculptures in another gallery, absolutely beautiful! but did I get any photos of them? Heck no, there was wine, food and friends to talk with and I completely forgot to get out the camera.
Congrats to both of my friends for having shows with their wonderful art.

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

beautiful

Acácia Azevedo Studio Pottery said...

This was a nice acquisition to your collection, congrats!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

great cups, both of them.

Laura Farrow said...

the close up of the little Ganesha looks great! thanks for making the trek out and being such a supportive friend. xoxo