Thursday, September 30, 2010

As You Like It


"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool"
from As You Like It

I was a chaperone today with Wesley's class. We went to Playmakers at UNC to see Shakespeare's As You Like It. Boy, I miss the theatre! The set was great, props were great, some of the actors were great, some rushed the words, and you can't rush Shakespeare, the words must come out slowly and surely, they are to be savored. For some reason the costumes were an odd mix of tweeds, hunting attire and a sort of fifties look, didn't quite get that and it was a bit distracting. But all in all, I enjoyed it. What's not to enjoy, sitting in a theater watching a play? Heaven!
I did realize as I was leaving the theater that it was quite possibly the last field trip I will go on as Wesley's mom. Sort of a bittersweet day........

3 comments:

andrea said...

Sounds like a wonderful last field trip!

Linda Starr said...

Aw, how sweet to be on a field trip with Wesley and coupled with a rememberance of your theatre days.

Connie said...

What an incredible picture that is. Sounds like a great day.