Monday, September 20, 2010

Gone Fishin

Gerry survived Igor in Bermuda, got this pic from him today. Guess he will be home soon now that the storm has blown away. I got a kiln loaded today and I'm trying to get organized a bit. Boy I wish this 90 degree weather would ease up, it is so hot working outside right now, I get as much done as I can early in the mornings and then I am just way too hot by the afternoon. I have to get my stuff up to Highlands for The Bascom show and get everything down to Southern Pines for the Clay and Blogs show and finish up what I want to have for Festifall. Lots to wrap up here in the next couple of weeks!

5 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

Hard to see that picture in paradise when you are working so hard, huh? lol -- I know you'll be glad when he's home.
It is unbelievably hot - STILL! Where is fall & cool mornings & no humidity?
I know you are going to love The Bascom. Check out the grape vine sculpture on the grounds as you enter -- you can't miss it.
Love the faceted roofs on your barns.

Tracey Broome said...

Is that one of Patrick Dougherty's sculptures? There is one of his vine sculptures at the NC Art museum that is unbelievable. Looking forward to visiting there. My mom called me from there and said she sure hoped I had my act together haha!

Hollis Engley said...

Get you act together, Tracey. And get your guy off his butt in Bermuda and home with you guys.

cookingwithgas said...

what a picture-wish we were there.

Judy Shreve said...

Tracey - Yes that sculpture is Patrick Dougherty. Here's his website:

http://www.stickwork.net/news.php

Mom's reality check - lol. Your work will be fabulous at the Bascom!!