Sunday, November 7, 2010

Round Two

This was our last cycle of the day, we got 16 pieces in there, got them into the cans and all were beautiful when we took them out. I have never fired this many in one cycle but it was fun and quite the challenge for three people.
If you want to have a lot of fun, laugh a lot, and eat amazing food, invite these three girls to a Raku firing! Charlotte, on the left was the very first student I had at the Artscenter and we have become great friends, and then I met Amy and Kristen through her. Smart, talented, and crazy fun women! I love you guys!!!!!!!
These two pieces are on their way to becoming lamps.Amy made these and they are really beautiful.

Kristen's vases and the owl ornaments below are Charlotte's

This duck of Charlotte's was crazy, it had an under glaze base then a clear on top and it came out looking like a sawdust firing. I had a sawdust can going so we put it back in there to see what else it might do. I'll know tomorrow.

Charlotte's son made this, he does really fun sculptural work and when I saw it, I knew the Rainbow glaze was perfect for it. I think it turned out really great. Hope he likes it.
I have lots more pictures but this is all I got time for tonight. I'm really tired, I have fired 100 pieces of Raku in two days with six people and worked my ass off! Rewards were great though, everyone had such a good time and I ate really well for two days. I am soooo glad that everyone got good results, I love seeing the excitement that comes with a good Raku day.

7 comments:

cindy shake said...

Just wonderful! I like the pendants and LOVE that blue in round one -holy cow that was cool!

ang design said...

really 100 pieces that some work miss trace ;))

Mr. Young said...

Really liked the rainbow glaze! Awesome sculpture!

Judy Shreve said...

What fun & what great pieces -- & smiling faces too!

cookingwithgas said...

good times TB- good times!

Tracey Broome said...

Hey guys! Yes we had some major fun this weekend. Wish all of you lived closer and we could have a blogger Raku!

Anonymous said...

wow, 100 pieces of raku... these posts always make me want to start some raku work but you can't do everything i guess. looking forward to more pics. blogger raku!