Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello there.......

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” Tolkien
I've been wandering around out in Chatham County and found my dream house. Ten acres and a 2000 sq ft house for $199,000. I would move in this place tomorrow if I didn't have a house already. It's a little too far a drive for Gerry right now, but someday I will have a place like this......
What a view, I think this house is on the highest point in Chatham County.
I've been making barns and buckets and a few other things. Spending time with my friends, watching movies with Gerry, cooking some pretty good meals, and this weekend got to spend a few days with my insanely beautiful daughter. Yesterday I considered building an Arc we got so much rain, but it was a good day to be lazy. Gerry had the first day off since the week before Hurricane Irene so we watched movies, ate, and watched more movies. I think we might have even had a nap in there somewhere too. I'm finding my way without my girl, miss her terribly, but I'm finding plenty to keep me busy. I'm excited about being back at the theatre and I like what's in my kiln right now, so all is well with the world here at the Broome house. It was such a beautiful day here, the temperature was perfect. My pal Barbara came over and showed us some photos of rural Georgia she took for a book she wrote on Flannery O'Connor years ago, and they were great. What a talented woman she is, such an inspiration. I hope I am still as strong as she is when I'm in my seventies. She sets the bar pretty high! I'll try to get some pottery photos up soon, just kinda busy right now.....

7 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

So glad you are doing well and tucked in during all that rain!!

Lori Buff said...

That looks beautiful. I understand the dream house thoughts but it sounds like you are living the dream right now.

June Perry said...

Sounds like a great day Tracey!

cookingwithgas said...

we really lost out on the rain- it was all around us, but very little here.
I'll trade you today for a house in the middle of nowhere...
my dream is a small place with no grass.

SUSAN WELLS said...

Oh Tracey! Nothing like leading the good life. Seems like all it takes is enjoying what you've got and you do such a good job of that! I look forward to seeing your new barns and buckets- Let's have a bucket briggade! In one of your little barns!

Tracey Broome said...

Hey guys, thanks! Meredith, I have the house right here with no grass, all we have is dirt :) so I am up for the trade.
It's all about having fun ya'll, don't forget it!!!!!!

Hannah said...

I love that quote you put up there. Tis a good 'un.
I am just catching up on your last few weeks blogging.
h