Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What to get a clay artist for Christmas


I hope everyone has had a great Christmas with friends and family. Ours got off to a shaky start, but today was good. Gerry was sick last week, uncle fell and broke a hip, daughter was visiting another planet for a few days, but I was quite happy, surprisingly enough. I am really tired now and my digestive system isn't really all that happy. Stress, too much of the wrong kinds of food and waaaay too much chocolate has my stomach feeling a bit unpleasant, but all will be fine as soon as I get this holiday stuff past me. We were on our way to Myrtle Beach yesterday thinking that Gerry was over whatever had been wrong and he started feeling sick again, so we drove 3 1/2 hours to my mom's house, almost there, Gerry very sick, turned around and drove back home. Poor Ger, but doing better today. Wesley came back from planet spacehead today and we had a lovely day together, lunch and some gift card shopping, and then peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes from Chik fila, see why my stomach is messed up?!
I got some very wonderful Christmas gifts from Gerry and Wesley, including an ipad, which is really fun and sucking up a lot of my time, a new teapot, from dare I say it, John Elder (please will the person that emailed me about him just keep those thoughts to yourself, I'm sorry, but I like his work, I can't help how the man chooses to live his life...)




I also got a new glaze book that was being suggested on some of your blogs, and yes it is worth it, a really great book! More on this book later as I get into it.













Gerry and Wesley are the best shoppers and always pick up little things for my stocking that are fun surprises. The little cup below is made from the black clay in Normandy and it's for drinking brandy. It's so tiny, but really cute.

I have been loading apps on the ipad and playing around with lots of the photo apps, so you may get sick of seeing strange pictures for awhile until I get it out of my system! We got Wes some Bose headphones and this is all I have seen of her since she got them! I got Gerry an XBox 360 and we are now pathetic, me with my nose in my ipad, Gerry killing everything that moves and Wes with her headphones transported to her space Odyssey. We are three of the most non material people that I know, and just look at us! Oh well, you gotta escape reality sometimes, and my reality has been intense these past few months! I'll be back to clay blogging soon, still taking a bit of a break.
peace ya'll
xoxo

14 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Uh oh ... you're iPad girl now?
And nice teapot, too. Lovely reed handle.

Tracey Broome said...

Oh yeah! Gerry is an ipad widow now, as my friend Laura puts it! The teapot is really cool, makes me want to become a wood firing potter!

Dennis Allen said...

Like the teapot.I think Gerry and Wesley made some nice choices for you.

ang design said...

oh yeh !! glad you got the ipad with the camera version its a bit of a software nightmare moving files around without it.....my friend gave me the best advice just think of it as a massive ipod..all the syncing happens through itunes and iphoto :)) enjoy trace you look like you have a handle on it....

cookingwithgas said...

Good booty you got there, fun and entertaining!- 2012 is coming fast, can you believe it!

Linda Starr said...

Have Gerry try that Wellness Forumla it works to help us get well quicker. Love the surface on that teapot.

Ron said...

I know what you mean about all the food. I need a detox. I got an iPad also!!!! Yay! I love that little cup.
Hope Gerry gets to feeling better and you all get to enjoy Wes while she's home. All of our visitors and family have left as of this morning so Sarah and I are enjoying coffee in silence. Ah, sweet silence.

smartcat said...

That teapot is yummy! I am saving my pennies for an iPad. I know what you mean about too much food of the wrong kind.....but boy it's sooooo good.

Happy New Year!

Lori Buff said...

I want an iPad, you're so lucky. You know that you can get an app for blogger on your iPad. I have one for the iPod and really like it, it would be better with a better camera in the iPod.

Judi Tavill said...

Yay! Ipad chick! you can skype me!!! my iphone is the skype machine...my ipad was pre-camera! what kind of head phones did wesley get??? if you have wi fi at your shows, u can have photos of your work scrolling through if you set up your ipad in your booth... very cool, especially if you don't bring everything!!!
judi

Tracey Broome said...

Hi Everyone! So good to hear from you all after the crazy holidays!! Thanks for al of the ipad 411. I have found that I don't really care to blog on it so much, my mom taught me to type long ago and I am a serious keypad girl,it's hard to type on the ipad for me.
Sorry I haven't replied to everyone individually, I have been playing around with this thing, trying to figure out what I'm going to most use it for!!

Michèle Hastings said...

Luck you!!! someday i will have an iPad. enjoy your new loot.

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks Michele,totally unexpected! I was happy with the teapot!

Hannah said...

Fun fun fun. Love to you for the new year, hope everyone is fighting fit very quickly.