Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hard working gallery

LARK AND KEY GALLERY


 Wesley and I made the trek to Charlotte today to take my work to Lark and Key for their June show, Storytellers. I'm so pleased to be in this gallery. Some of my favorite artists are in this gallery, including potters Jen Mecca, Amy Sanders and Julie Wiggins. I was admirers of their work when I first started taking classes in Charlotte and now I am in the same gallery, selling my own work! Wow, just goes to show what a little hard work and tenacity will get ya :)

 Speaking of hard work: this gallery has done so much to promote my work already and I have only had a few pieces there since March.  Sandy sold one of my pieces within the first couple of weeks and the second she sold last month after running the above ad in Home and Garden. Apparently a lady saw the ad, called up and asked about the piece and came right over to get it. I love it when people connect with my work. I have very special customers and I love them!!!! Thanks so much Sandy for supporting my work and having such a beautiful gallery!!! If you are in Charlotte, this gallery is a MUST visit!!
And I have a lot more work there now!

After I went through my separation anxiety and gave up these very special pieces I have been working on for months, Wesley and I had lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant and then hit all the antique and thrift stores we could find. I found some tiny treasures at Sleepy Poet. Ironically, I used to buy props for the theater at Sleepy Poet when they were in the building that Lark and Key is now in. A very odd coincidence. After Sleepy Poet, we hit Central Ave. and found some fun retro clothing stores and a great record store, The Lunchbox. We picked up a Radiohead CD, The White Stripes and the score to the Last Temptation of Christ. By the time we got home I was in a trance, but in a good way!
Tomorrow I have to take work to Raleigh for another show I am in and then I am done with all this work stuff and plan to have some play time for a few weeks, YAY! I'll still be around for a little while though.....

6 comments:

Katarina Bobic said...

Beautiful artworks and always inspiring posts, I enjoy reading them! Wish you all the best :)

smartcat said...

It looks like you have found the perfect venue for your work.You have worked so hard for this and deserve kudos and fireworks!

P.S. I adore the arms and legs houses.

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks you guys! I feel very lucky to be with Lark and Key, they are wonderful !

Michèle Hastings said...

how nice to find a gallery that promotes their artists work rather than just taking it in and hoping it sells!
sounds like you and Wesley had a perfect day together.

Lori Buff said...

Very nice work, it always feels good to be in a supportive relationship with a gallery. Good luck on the show.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Michele and Lori, so right about the gallery relationship, if you are going to work with galleries it sure helps if they work for you and promote your work. It certainly pays off for both the gallery and the artist if work is promoted and sells!