Saturday, June 16, 2012

Maine part II.... Port Clyde


 Here are some pretty pictures I took around Port Clyde. I'm reading
Andrew Wyeth, A Secret Life, so of course we ended up at Port Clyde.
This photo is looking a bit Andrew Wyeth, don't you think :)
I don't see how that tiny village handles the summer crowd. There was hardly anyone there when we arrived and we still had trouble finding a place to park and turn around. I can't imagine what it's like in the summer.  It really is a very quaint place though and I'm glad we took the time to drive out there.
 Wesley, on the other hand is reading a biography of Vincent Van Gogh, so she is channeling him right now. Love this hat she found in Freeport!







We found a nice little public beach with an outcropping of rock. Again, I wouldn't want to be here in the summer, but we had the beach to ourselves so Gerry and Wesley could do some more strange things for the camera.
I'm off to the Farmer's Market, so a brief post today. I'll try to keep them short and sweet so I don't bore you to death with the vacation pics!

2 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Good to see Wes still has both ears.

ang design said...

looks beautiful trace love the hut!! beach space must be a premium up there anyhow enjoy the rest of your trip..