Friday, December 21, 2012

Last one...... maybe......

 We are getting ready for a busy week ahead with family happenings, if the world doesn't end today, so I thought I would check in one last time before Christmas, just in case. I'm not sure how much time I will have for blogging, and our family Christmas stuff would bore you anyway, so I may be checking out for the next week. Of course I have said that before and then had something that I wanted to post, so we'll see. This is my stocking from when I was a little girl. I love this thing. The treasures it held on Christmas morning!
 I am planning on watching a lot of silly Christmas movies, eating a lot of good food and catching up with family. I wish I had more time to spend with my friends, but they are busy too, so there is quiet cold January for friends time. Thanks to all of you bloggers for reading this year and commenting and offering words of wisdom and advise (and sympathy). Sometimes I get up the morning after a post and I wonder what in the world was I thinking telling you all the things I do. But you are all so supportive and non judgemental, and you all seem to get it, so thank you! Glad you are reading!!! I sometimes think that I should just stay with a pottery theme like many of you do, but my world doesn't revolve around pottery like it did when I first started this blog, and my blog has sort of evolved into being a source of mind vomit for me. So thanks for sticking around with me!
Don't laugh, but I got these disco ball slippers the other day. My mother in law has a pair of gold loafers, you know the ones, and she loves them. I saw these out shopping and thought they would be perfect for her. I tried them on when I got home and they are really comfy and the Christmas lights look so cool reflected in them, I went back and got myself a pair, and I got my mom a pair. They are to funny, but they make me smile when I put them on. Everyone needs a silly Christmas outfit. Just look at the sweaters out there. 
For example, Wesley and her friend at school. They went to Walmart before school was out and bought themselves Christmas sweaters. I'm so happy she can do things like this without worrying about what people will think, she is a strong confident girl!
I hope all of you are here tomorrow, we have a couple of hours to go until the calendar runs out, haha! If not, I'll see you on the flip side, whatever that may be. Merry Christmas to everyone, have a joyful holiday season. I may or may not check back in next week, we'll see how it goes!
love to all
xoxo

13 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Merry Christmas Tracey and all the family. The sweaters and the shoes- too good!

Lori Buff said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Those shoes are really too fun to pass up.

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks Lori and Meredith, I am so glad to have met you through blogland!!! Merry Christmas to you tooooo!!!

Laura Farrow said...

Looking forward to visits in the new year! Enjoy your holiday and precious time with family! xoxo

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks Laura, we gotta get together soooon!

captainmedic said...

You treat your mother very poorly. I feel very sorry for her...not you.

Tracey Broome said...

Well, Captain Medic, you have no idea what you are talking about! You go have the fucked up childhood I had and then come talk to me! I treat my mother very well, considering she slept with her valium and had her nervous breakdowns through my entire childhood and I basically raised myself. And I'm not asking anybody to feel sorry for me, I have a great life, just venting my usual Christmas baggage.

Tracey Broome said...

You know what?! This really pisses me off, how dare you assume to know how I treat my mom, this is so annoying, arrrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smartcat said...

Captain Medic can go take a flying f#%k at the MOOOOON!! If I were you I'd delete him. How dare anyone think he has the right to judge you by a blog. This is the part of you you present to us, not you in 3D-Living Color! And anyway just because one happens to be born female it does not follow that being a great mother is part of the genetic make-up.

I am climbing down from my rather large hobby horse.

Love the shoes and sweaters. Those are the things that families remember and giggle about.

I wish you and your family a Joyous Christmas!

Tracey Broome said...

Suzi, thank you for your kind comment. 99.9% of the comments I get on my blog are kind and generous, supportive and understanding. It's the 1 percenters out there that ruin the world we try to make good. I'll leave up the comment, I try to keep my blog true and honest and this is all part of it.
It did trigger a nice round of PTSD though, I'm feeling pretty toxic right now, but here is a big hug to you for making me smile!!

Vicki said...

Oh my god!!! WTFF???
I have just hopped back on the computer to find your next couple of posts and... can-not-believe the comment by captainmedic!
Seriously??
They really are incredibly one dimensional to make such an ill-informed comment.

One just has to take the time to read your archived posts to find that you are incredibly sensitive to others needs, fiercely loyal, loving, friendly, funny and giving.
Not to mention talented beyond belief and refreshingly honest - you don't hide behind a bullshit facade. You call it as you see it - I can appreciate that.

I don't know you personally Tracey, but I so wish I did. Anyone who is your friend is fortunate indeed. You are worth knowing.
Gerry knew it when he met you, that's why he married you.
And, only an amazing human being can be responsible for bringing up such a wonderful, and equally gifted, talented child such as Wesley, who has such strong ethics, confidence and compassion.
I've said it before, she is wise beyond her years - and that is by no means an accident! Your and Gerry's strong support, love and influence made her the beautiful person she is... because YOU are beautiful.
And don't you forget it :) xx

As for ACOA, more on that on your next blog comments.

And, captainmedic... there are PLENTY of blogs on the net. There is something for everyone, even you - why don't you go fuck off and find it!

Tracey Broome said...

But Vicki, how did you really feel about that comment? Haha, thank you for your kind words, some days are better than others aren't they?!

New Leaf said...

captainmedic, you are an @$$ par excellence.