Monday, February 25, 2013

Around here

 Looks like it's going to be another week for eating warm things. Woke up to a cloudy morning with rain predicted for tomorrow and more cloudy days on and off for the rest of the week. I'm just giving in to it and using it as an excuse to eat more soup! I like making big pots of beans. This was last week's assortment, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans and azuki beans. Topped with havarti with caraway seeds and cilantro. yum! and in my newest bowl from Hollis, so pretty.
 Stopped in to explore some antique shops over the weekend. Starting to look for props for Walt, but I end up finding more things for Tracey. I collect these cigar tins and found a new one for $9, including these porcelain cylinders inside.
 Any clue what they are?
 I'm thinking legs for houses.......
 Starting to see a little green around here.
I was planning to fire my kiln today but Gerry has other plans, looks like the boulder fields in the Uwharries instead. Which would you choose with about six weeks before your first show of the year and nothing made yet? Yeah, I'll be down in Asheboro :) there is no hope for me. I didn't get any work done here over the weekend either, I had other places to go..... sigh.
Hope you guys have a great week.

ps: I have been meaning to say: some you you with different blog formats have blogs that I can't comment on with my ipad and also some I can't view if flash is involved. Just saying, I'm reading, but I mostly use my ipad now, so sorry for the lack of commenting here  xo

12 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi Tracey, they are ceramic insulators, part of knob and tube wiring. Lots of info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knob_and_tube_wiring

Tracey Broome said...

ohhhhh, how cool is that! Thanks, I was thinking they looked like little hitters for smoking, umm, tobacco, ha! you bloggers know everything!

Lori Buff said...

I think they make great legs for your houses no matter what they were originally intended to be.

You know you'll pull off some magic at the last minute and have work for the show, you have to play and work for balance.

Tracey Broome said...

haha, I don't know about magic, but I appreciate the vote of confidence! It is what it is, I would rather be with my family. Now, if I was a single parent with only one income, things would be way different!

Michèle Hastings said...

It has been the weather for soups and stews, and they tasted even better when served in a beautiful bowl!
Six weeks? You have plenty of time, go and have some fun today.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Yay, maybe you'll be making more houses!

Sandy Miller said...

Love the legs.

I'm one the same page with not going to the studio.... Shows and galleries are looming and I cannot get my head in the game. This weekend watched the independent film; Beautiful Losers" and the paradigm tilted. Not sure how I will move this new shift into the studio without pissingma lot of folks out but at this age I think I'm not worried.....
Sun is out here and the coop need a good cleaning! Out the door!

klineola said...

Ah ye olde blogge commenting problem! I hope you are not having trouble with mine??? Maybe? are you going to the NCPConf?

Unknown said...

mmm, soup looks great...and so does that green grass! It's coming, right?! I can relate to doing just about everything else except get into my studio these days!!

Tracey Broome said...

Michele, 6 weeks is plenty of time if I would actually WORK during those weeks! Too much fun to be had, haha
Patricia, yes houses, but they are going to have some changes coming
Sandy, go ahead and piss some off, you can't please everyone!
Hey Michael, actually you and your pal Ron have blogs that I can't comment on or read the comments on, sorry, but I'm reading:). No not going to the conference:(
Kathy, yes! GREEN! It's coming!!!! When the green gets here, so will my motivation

Hollis Engley said...

Love seeing those bowls filled with good food.

gz said...

Houses, legs....Baba Yigar???

I've found that another blogging friend likes doors and doorways...http://railwaycottage.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/doors.html#comment-form