Friday, April 5, 2013
It's becoming apparent to me that we are losing more and more rights as a citizen in this country and nobody seems able to fight it. I have discovered that if I don't want to do business with Progress Energy, I have very little choice to go somewhere else. Same is true with many corporate offerings in this country. We are becoming a nation of monopolized business, big mean business.
Here is what I have learned this week from just waking up the other day with yet another odd headache:
1. I have a smart meter on my house that was installed without my knowledge or consent
2. It sends out RF pulse emissions 6-8 seconds around the clock on the other side of the wall from my kitchen where all my food is and directly below our bedrooms where we are exposed for sometimes 12 hours at a time. Also now, it is above the area where we have planted seeds
3. RF Emissions have been deemed a possible carcinogen/cancer causing agent by the World Health Organization
4. I contacted UL verification services, who promptly got back to me and said that these meters, unless clearly marked, are not UL listed, mine is not, meaning it is a fire hazard. Many insurance home owners policies will NOT cover your loss if your smart meter burns down your house.....
5. I have been told I do not have a choice. However I contacted the environmental department at Progress and quoted the Energy Policy Act of 2005 where the law clearly states that Utility companies are required to offer this sickness equipment, then I asked if they realized that these meters were not UL listed and they did NOT know that! Imagine...... the woman I spoke to at 11am yesterday said that she thought I had an opt out option and she would call me right back................still waiting..............
I have done a LOT of reading over the past 48 hours, enough to know that I do not want this thing on my house. Much of what I read in support of these meters, the ones saying all is well, seems to be from people with dollars at stake if these things were pulled from the market, hello? Propaganda?
Other reading would indicate that I am one of those nasty "tree huggers" "granolas" "activists" "conspiracy theorists".... well so what if I am? Why the name calling for people that are trying to protect our environment? I never understand that. Why is a tree hugger considered a derogatory term by those bullies?
I have read hundreds of stories of people getting sick from these meters, enough to know, there is doubt about their safety. Get it the hell off my house!
Sigh.............. if you are still reading, I read the nicest blog post this morning on Carter Gilles pottery blog. I am feeling pretty beat up, fighting Goliath and I needed these words. One sentence that is sticking with me this morning is this:
" They (the quiet artists) could have ..........resigned themselves to consuming only other people's ideas, survived on only predigested morsels and gone creatively to sleep for all eternity. They did not, nor I suspect did you."
Here is a salute to all of us who are not resigning ourselves to ideas being forced upon us!!!!!