Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday night fun, no wait, Thursday night!

 Congrats to my friend Laura for an awesome first night of her show!!! Lots of folks came out to support her and it was a fun night for all. There were even red sold dots on some pieces. That's the way you want to open a show!! This cloud piece wants to be mine, but some more art needs to get sold around here so I can afford it :(
 Laura has some great friends. I'm not sure I even know as many people as she had come for the opening. I really should rethink this reclusive lifestyle, but it would be impossible for me I fear. I like my aloneness :-)
 Another favorite piece, love her sweet smile....
 What a surprise! Wesley's old band mate, Matt Phillips, from Cole Park was there with his new band, playing on the front porch. It was so great to see him, brought back the old days of all those rehearsals in my house. My loom now sits where drums and amps and keyboards and guitars used to sit.....
notice the byob mug from Mark Heywood, it makes the perfect traveling companion!
The Korean barbeque food truck was really good. Let me just say this: Duck Fat Tots, OMG!!!! so good!
All my art pals were there last night and it was so great to see all of them. I am surrounded by talented friends, it's just amazing.
Laura hates it when I post pics of her on my blog, this seemed like a good solution, haha!
Thanks Barbara for the email to say that TODAY is Friday, I have no concept of time.....

7 comments:

Rosa said...

Isn't Laura's work amazing?!

I love the Magritte-ish pic too. :)

Michèle Hastings said...

that's some really cool work... love the smiling skeleton.
Wish a Korean barbecue would park in Seagrove every so often

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Rosa, yeah, Magritte! No wonder I like this piece, I didn't even think of that, you are so right!
Michele, the truck was awesome, I love this new trend of food trucks, unfortunately Chapel Hill does not allow them. You gotta have a ticket to get into Chapel Hill as someone once said to me, haha!
Yeah, the skeleton is somehow very sweet looking....

Laura Farrow said...

hey gal! ha, at last a photo of me on your blog I approve of! I like, have no photos of the Queen, so thanks for taking that one.. like the angle. you make everything more fun, TB. thanks for blogging me. xo

cookingwithgas said...

Now, you know I love Laura's work but, you are our best girl sharing another one of Mark's mugs.
It looked like a great show.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Laura, just call me cloud head and you can be mug head, haha! I am all about having fun, you know that!
Meredith, Mark's mug is so fun to carry around with a beer inside, the hanle is good and sturdy and I don't feel like I am going to drop it! Much nicer to have than a plastic cup :-)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I recognize that mug! Although it's a miracle that I could focus on anything after reading the words, "duck fat tots!"