Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Long overdue cleaning

 For the past two days, me and my studio have been getting to know each other again. Lord have mercy, the spiders of the world came to live in this place over the summer while I had my little break up with clay. I have never seen so many cobwebs and dead curled up spiders in one place, and those little spider egg pod things..... ick!!!!

There was also quite a bit of mildew on the walls thanks to the very wet summer we had. So I took everything out and washed the walls, washed EVERYTHING. My body is aching, yes it is!

It feels great to have a clean studio,and I want to get back in there and get creative now. I forgot what a great space it is and how much I like being there. It has really good energy, and I'm ready to get back to work. It's so nice and clean. I just need to burn some sage or something to give it that extra special good energy.....



Seriously, how much crap do you need for pottery? This much?
Purge.....


A girl's gotta have a toolbox! All of these were my dad's except the blue one in the back. The one on the far right even has his name engraved on the top. Treasures.... must be where I got my love for hardware stores.


Not sure how many blocks of wood I really need, but I washed them all, I seem to use these all the time for stuff.



Ahhhh...... there's that afternoon light I love so much..........


I even cleaned the windows, nice and shiny and letting that beautiful light in. I might have mentioned before, the sign is a prop from Pump Boys and Dinettes, the most fun show I have ever done. I really miss those days.....


I think I will start with a few stars. It's getting about that time and I have sold all but this one.
It feels good to be thinking about clay, but I just got my loom all set up for the llama fiber and I have two plays to finish. I wish my mind could be more still, but it is what it is.
No work tomorrow though, Gerry is off and he wants to go hiking, so we are heading for the trails. I might get around to completing something one of these days....,,,

12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you have so much- do you need another building??? Hahaha.
The weather will be great to be outside.

Vicki said...

:)

Dennis Allen said...

Good Move.

oldgreymare said...

Feels so good to be sore from hard work....some of my best days are like that :D

Judi Tavill said...

Love. Love it all.

goej said...

So good to see you back in the studio :-)

I love your stars soo much. They are magic to me.

Sending lots of creative energy your way.

smartcat said...

Sweet inspiration! I'm ready to do a major clean up. After all, winter is coming!
A clean studio is an invitation to work.
You are going to be one busy lady!

Lori Buff said...

I did the same with my kiln room a couple weeks ago. Lots of spiders had to be evicted but they will be okay. Now it feels so nice to walk into that room. The studio is next, you've inspired me.

Laura Farrow said...

yay, me and you and clean studio windows!

Michèle Hastings said...

It's one of those jobs that once you start you wonder why you started... then when it's done it's a big sense of accomplishment.
Now get back in there and get it messy!

Sandy Miller said...

Do you LOVE a clean studio?! Just finished cleaning mine too, must be the season. Really pitched a lot of stuff. Uncluttered studio, uncluttered mind..... Can't wait to see what come out of your fresh new studio!

Amy said...

wow, your studio is GORGEOUS! I love cleaning mine... sometimes it just takes awhile to get started. :)