Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


As you might have guessed from my previous post, 2014 got off to a less than wonderful start. Spending New Year's Day thinking about preparations for attending a friend's funeral in Alabama is not what we expected for the first day of the new year. We did go to a party later in the day and enjoyed some good food, good music and a nice afternoon outside by the fire talking to funny and kind and talented people and it smoothed the edges of the day a bit. Thanks Bob and Laura for a great afternoon!

Gerry has two ball games to shoot today, Wesley and I went out and spent some Christmas cash that was gifted to us, and I have been jotting notes down like crazy for ideas I have for the coming year of art making. I'm excited about what's a brewing! When I get back in the studio, I will let you know what's going on.

 It's a gray and rainy afternoon here today. I have a new book and I'm gonna pour some hot cider, get my down blanket and snuggle in for the rest of the afternoon.

re: the window photo. I bought some spray snow this year and sprayed all the windows downstairs with it. I have never used this stuff, but I loved it and think it would be fun to use all year long, writing different messages on the windows. I do have a very tacky streak, but I'm fine with that!

Hope everyone had a happy start to the new year and will have a prosperous and joyful 2014
xoxo
peace ya'll

7 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

ha ha... I bought some spray snow this year too, but I cheaped out and bought it from the Dollar General. The spray nozzle was horrible and the snow came out in globs. I must have been feeling homesick for NH that day.
Happy New Year!

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Michele, it's fun isn't it!? I had a few gobby sprays too, but mostly it was good. I did learn the proper technique for next time though!

Lori Buff said...

I'm so sorry about your loss but hope the rest of the year is full of joy, love, laughter, and smiles.

Sandy Miller said...

Spray snow? Seriously? OMG! That is the funniest thing I have read in so long! We are in the middle of a blizzard here, -3 degrees and whiteout conditions :) It just hit me so funny...... I say create your own reality! Spray away!

I can send you and Michele a yard full :)
Happiest of New Years!

Vicki said...

Hope you ease gently into the new year with your delicious hot cider and blanket.
It's beach weather here, and humid, so the cold images are a sight for sore eyes.
Love the snowman :)

Susan Wells said...

Sorry we did not get to visit much at the party... We'll do so before too long. I hope y'all are keeping WARM and cozy.

Susan Wells said...

Let it snow! sorry we didn't get to visit much at the party... I can't wait to see what you've been jotting down in those notes!