Thursday, October 30, 2014

A better one....



After I looked at the last photo of me with the chickens, I made an appointment to get my hair cut! Ahhhh,hair salons! God bless those people that wash and cut hair. It feels so great to sit back in that chair and let someone pamper you for an hour. I have been known to go for days without brushing, washing, looking at my hair only later to find chunks of clay or paint or fiber all in it. I know, yuck, right?! I will add that usually Gerry was traveling out of town when I let myself get so unkempt. Now that I'm working, in public, it seems like I need to wash my hair every now and then and maybe even give it a brush. But my hair is so thick, it can be very difficult to manage, so I got it all thinned and trimmed and it feels like I lost a couple of pounds. 

Gerry has been off this week and we took some time to get some house projects done. Stained the front porch, back deck, side porch, painted the white trim, tore the carpet out of the upstairs closet where our dog had dug a hole through to the plywood. Painted the wood glossy white, it looks great. We cleaned all the windows, inside and out, they sparkle! Today I drank a pot of french press coffee and zoomed around the house like blogger Sandy Miller! I dusted, vacuumed, washed baseboards, cleaned rugs, moved furniture around, and even managed to get a nice dinner prepared. We are hoping to get our house ready to go on the market by spring, 
but where will we go..... we have been looking for two years with no luck, just can't find an interesting house anywhere. Hopefully something will turn up.

Not really making anything, just tidying up life. I have ignored too many things for clay and weaving, so I'm catching up now. Feels good to get life in order!


8 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Great picture, I just want the hair of my youth back, I miss it..I liked the chicken picture too. It's all good when one is breathing.

Carol said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes days without washing my hair!

Congrats on getting so much done today - I feel like such a slug in comparison!

Tracey Broome said...

Meredith, I want that hair too! What's with the wiry curls?!
Carol, I have had a year long slug fest, time to get a move on!

Sandy Miller said...

Can't wait to tear into my house after the pottery season comes to a screeching halt! So how do the chickens like this new hair..... :)
Argh, going out in public..... Off to The Cleveland gallery for the day...... I think I'll just FaBreeze myself!

Michèle Hastings said...

I used to be a slave to my hair... not anymore! It must have to do with becoming a certain age.
BTW - love your Mickey phone case.

Anna M. Branner said...

Most days you will find me in the studio....with a hat on. !!

smartcat said...

I'm with Meredith, I want my long thick hair back!
Since retiring I make a concerted effort to look reasonably groomed when I go anywhere. The slippery slope is hard to manage otherwise.
Happy to hear (read) that you are enjoying the new job!

Shannon said...

Nice photos, as always, Tracey. I still admire the snug cuddliness of your family unit. So glad you like the job because yes, change is possible, but it's certainly easier to adjust to them when they are wanted changes.