Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Home Delivery



I have been working a lot of hours lately and enjoying the shoppers and their excitement over buying really great gifts for friends and family. Yesterday I helped a dad select house plants for his identical twin daughters. That was on their Christmas list, how cool is that! I have also been trying to visit with friends before the Christmas week family visiting gets here. I feel like I can't catch my breath, time is just squeezed into a surreal short space this time of year and I always feel like I am rushing and tired and frustrated and BROKE! Why do we DO this?! 


I took a little time this morning to make some orange pound cakes for a few friends. I call them tea breads but the recipe says pound cake, whatever. They are soooo good and so easy to make and very Christmasy. I wrapped them in freezer paper, a little raffia, and there ya go, nice gift, made with love!


My Christmas shopping has been mostly at the store where I work this year and a couple of other places, also some giving of things I have made. My soap is selling here at home without me really doing a thing, like this kind of selling very much!


Best of all, my potter friend Barbara came over today, brought a selection of her pottery for me to choose from and also brought some Cold Mt beer. We sat in my sunny living room, drinking beer, catching up and looking at great pottery. Is this not the very best way EVER to shop? Home delivery, I kept everything she brought! 

If you have read my blog for awhile, you know I struggle with this time of year. This holiday. But it's really not fair to those that have to live with me, so I'm trying really hard not to be a grinch. Finding some nice moments that make this holiday season bearable. So far so good....... 
It's all good right now :-)

8 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

I don't care if you call them tea bread, pound cake, or field greens ! Those loaves look delicious.Good luck with a happy holiday season. I think most of us can use a little more love and a lot less stuff.

cookingwithgas said...

Merry Christmas!
Life is pretty dog gone good.
I love your soaps.

Michèle Hastings said...

The tea bread looks so yummy and so do the soaps!!

I checked totally out of Christmas after JZ died... I am slowly crawling back into it, but doing it differently. The beauty is that creative people can make handmade gifts for people that we really couldn't afford to buy if we had to shop... and the recipients love them more (at least I hope so!).

Lori Buff said...

Plants, hand crafted soap, homemade bread, see, you don’t have to shop at Walmart if you want to give nice gifts.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Simply celebrate winter and friends and family..That's what I do. Some good food, much wine, lots of movies in PJ"S on the couch..perfect.

Your soaps look so amazing!

Vicki said...

Trying to catch up on blogs - mostly failing miserably :D

But your posts, Tracey, always have a "heart" that are wonderful to return to.

Love your rustic soaps and your tea bread looks amazing!
Handmade gifts such as these far outweigh the cheap (and expensive) mass produced ones.

Wishing you a simple, honest, meaningful Christmas filled with warmth, kindness and laughter with your loved ones xx

Vicki said...

ooops, I mean I'm "mostly failing" to catch up, not that the blogs are failing... sheesh, I need sleep :D

Tracey Broome said...

Whew, y'all, I am behind in my replies, so sorry! Thanks for all the comments!
Xoxoxo