Saturday, May 28, 2016

I'm good


Wesley sent me this photo on her birthday. She has become fascinated with horses lately and for her birthday she wanted a horseback ride.  We sent money for her birthday this year so she could have a nice weekend on the beach. She found a ranch at Bodega Bay, found a sweet AirB&B and had a festive 23rd birthday. The first one we have not celebrated with her. Somehow we survived :)

We are indeed surviving a lot these days. The house thing continues to be a pain in our ass. We signed preliminary closing papers on our old house Thursday. The buyers however do not want to rent back to us while we wait to close on our new house, it would have been three days. They wanted to pay for us to live in a hotel while we waited to close. Uh, no thanks, I already live in hotels. So we opted to move their closing day. Another delay. I won't believe we are moving until I turn that key in the lock! We were supposed to be in our new house yesterday, loan delays.... it just never ends.

But I'm good. I had a great week at work, I have such an intuitive thing for retail, I watch shoppers in our stores, I understand inventory, I get visual presentation and I am taking a lot of initiative to introduce new ideas for our stores. I think I will make some positive changes for these stores. I have been feeling kinda smart these days, haha! I even looked at my loom this morning and thought about weaving something. Soon.........


9 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

It sounds like things are moving in the right direction! I remember renting back to our buyer when I sold a condo in the 80's, it was common back then. Nowadays people don't want to risk getting into tenant/landlord situations.

cookingwithgas said...

Happy birthday to your girl!
Horses, cool.
You are good.
I'm very happy that these are good changes for you.
Life, it's a matter of what is offered to you and if you are willing.

Laurie said...

I loved riding horses as a young girl. Good to hear you're upbeat & glad things are going better for you.

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks ya'll xoxo

Dennis Allen said...

The pendulum swings good things are coming your way.

Tracey Broome said...

I think you are right Dennis, I'm going to choose to believe that anyway!

Vicki said...

Happy belated birthday to Wesley! Her first birthday away.
Love that photo.
This year will be my boy's first birthday away from us in 26 years! So not looking forward to it - and he'll be thousands of miles away across the sea, in New York.
Don't quite know how I'm going to cope honestly.


Hopefully now, everything is turning a corner for you, for the better.
Wishing for you all things wonderfully positive, Tracey xx

Sandy Miller said...

I always come to your blog and smile and then go straight to WTH? We have not moved in 30 years and since we live across the street from a cemetery I'm think I might just roll myself over there when I'm done. Wow what a journey!

and by the way……… fab pix of your super fantastic sprout :) and on horseback too!!

My oldest is on in island in Alaska with no communication until mid July……. nail biting has started!

Tracey Broome said...

Vicki, I blinked and the day was over. Honestly we were so busy with packing and moving details I was glad to not have a birthday to deal with :) You'll get through, its just one day.... xo

Alaska!?!?!?!? No communication?! How do you stand that!!??