Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Healing Time.....


I decided today to come back to my blog and leave Facebook behind. If you read my blog in the past, you might recall my disdain for FB and how I finally joined the masses, only for it to prove to be everything I knew it would be. Toxic, anger inducing, rude, filled with misinformation, etc. There were a few good moments and there are some friends I will keep up with there, but I won't be posting and voicing my opinions, which you know are strong and often objectionable to people. 

The reason for the exodus is complicated, but basically some comments were made that triggered some PTSD responses for me (that can be another very long post!).  Wesley sat me down yesterday morning to express her concern over my above normal crazy. After some tears, angry words, searching, honesty, confessions, we both felt better and I had a clearer vision of where my head was. My blog is a safer environment for me to get shit out of my head, and I have met some wonderful people through the years here. Not so with FB, I met some crazies and found that some people I thought I knew, when on FB become a whole other thing. 

I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to read some of your comments. It was medicine for my wounded heart. Many of the folks that posted the comments were friends I have made here on my blog and I appreciate you all so much. You have given me much strength over the years. Today, Sandy Miller commented that I should go outside and ground myself and so I did. I have been curled up in a ball inside for too many days. This morning I stepped outside, took a deep breath and looked around. My iris opened last night, my peonies will be open by the weekend, my herbs are up and cheering the spring and in that moment I realized these plants don't know about a pandemic, they are just growing and living their best life, can I not do the same?



So, I came in, opened up my grandmother's pie safe where I keep all of my dried herbs and made a healing respiratory tea with Hyssop from last year's garden, Eucalyptus, Licorice Root, Cloves, Ginger, Peppermint, Fennel, and Mullien. I had this apothecary in my store and one of my favorite things was watching Wesley mix up potions for the college kids that came in from Elon College. It was very special to interact with them and they were so eager to learn about herbs. I made a pot of tea, grabbed a mug. My pottery mugs, of which I have many, are all special to me in their own way, and I reached for my comfort mug, made by my Shaman, Meredith Heywood. There is something about a hand made object, isn't there! and then all was right with the world, at least in my tiny corner of it.....



 I am happy to be back here! As soon as I signed off on my FB page and came back to edit my blog, I was breathing better, muscles released their tension and my heart felt lighter. 
Please send me links to your blogs if you can. One of the reasons I stopped blogging was I lost my entire blog roll and there were so many, I just didn't have the patience to go back and reconstruct it. I would love to reconnect here with everyone though. 



I hope all of you are finding ways to survive this pandemic and are staying well. We are more connected than ever and it is beyond me how our country can be so divided at a time like this. Even when George Bush was president and I detested him, I found a way to appreciate his compassion and give him another chance during 9/11. I believe it will be hopeless to ever say this about the current president and I have never hated a person more. These are times our children and grandchildren will remember and their lives will be greatly affected. Peace, my friends. xo

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

HEY! Welcome back! XXXXXX

Tracey Broome said...

OMG! Cooking with gas, I totally forgot that was your blog name, its been too long!

Sandy Miller said...

Yay!! Welcome back!! Ya, what cookingwithgas said!! LOL!

Tracey Broome said...

Feels much more like home here! I really hated FB

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Hey girl although we never completely lost touch - I found you on IG - I am still in the dark as to what happened to the shop? That's when you disappeared for me. I am very glad that you are back here. I detest FB- I believe it has caused more negative social issues than it has ever improved- and all so that one man can be a billionaire? No thanks

Tracey Broome said...

I will email you the story, too much to say here lol