Monday, September 12, 2011

New color

Gerry and I have spent the day painting my studio a new color. I picked out the gray that I first put on it when there were no leaves on the trees and everything was brown. When the leaves came out, the gray took on a purple cast that I really didn't like, so we just painted the studio to match our house. Now everything looks cohesive and actually the building looks larger with this color. Now I just need a little landscaping and some insulation for winter. That's next...
I also hung my sign from Cindy Shake on the building and it's all nice and rusty and looks perfect hanging above the door. Firing my kiln tomorrow, maybe I'll get some photos up by the weekend....

14 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Pretty darn snazzy.

Anna M. Branner said...

Beautiful.

There is a barn I pass nearly every week. I have got to take a picture for you as it has an awesome rumpled metal roof.....maybe Wednesday.

:)

Laura Farrow said...

so pretty and just in time for studio tour!!

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks guys, it really does look sooo much better!
Thanks to Ger for all his hard work!!!!!

cindy shake said...

Very cool :o) fits the landscape!

Linda Starr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June Perry said...

Looks wonderful Tracey. Love the new sign too!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Studio LOVE! A great space Tracey. I remember your posts yearning for a studio of your own. And then the process of figuring out how to do it, afford it, build it.... Then your posts in recent months as you moved in and started your work there.... Great example of envisioning something and making it happen!

just jody said...

Looks AWESOME Tracey!

Michèle Hastings said...

looks great! are you going to use electric heat? lets hope for a warm winter so we won't be spending boatloads of money to keep working.

Tracey Broome said...

Hi all! Patricia, I can't believe I just started this process in March, seems so long ago. Michele, I probably will use an electric space heater. I used a kerosene heater this spring but it was nasty! I couldn't find an electric heater, stores that sell seasonally piss me off sometimes!

Lori Buff said...

With some good insulation and a space heater you'll be fine in the winter. Can you believe we're thinking about winter already?
The paint color looks great.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Lori, thanks!! I better stay warm, got lots to do :)

Michèle Hastings said...

i had a kero heater for some auxiliary heat in NH (trying to keep my toes warm) and i agree about the stink. i never turned it on the last winter i was there.