Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bourbon Virgin


My pal Laura had some friends over today to eat up her mosaic supplies with whatever we wanted to bring. We had lots of great food, good music, good conversation, and I tried Bourbon for the first time. It's probably the only form of alcohol I haven't had, I think I like it. It's warm and fuzzy just like my friends :) check out our toast in the cups Laura won on Rae Dunn's blog. They are soooo cute and she has some on her blog today. What a coincidence!
I also picked up shelves and pedestals from my other bestest friend Susan. I'll show you those when I set them up at the CDCG show. Do I have the very best friends or what! Pizza, art, bourbon and a show booth all in one day!
I know, I know, I have soooooooo much work still to do, and I told Laura I would just stop by after picking up the show booth from Susan, but she had a pot already for me and I have never tried mosaic before, so I did one little pot before I needed to head home. Unfortunately there was the bourbon and the great pizza and the quiche, so that all required a nap when I got home, and then I made a pot of italian soup with italian sausage and then it got dark, then Gerry got home..... I'll have to work extra on Sunday!

7 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

looks like a great time was had by all!

Peter said...

I once was given a single malt Irish whiskey that has haunted me for years and years! I have no idea what it was, and I'm not really a whiskey drinker, but it was lovely stuff.

Dennis Allen said...

Bourbon and virgin are words you don't often hear together.They usually cancel each other out.

Tracey Broome said...

Michele, it was a great time, highly recommended.
Peter, my dad had a thing for Irish whiskey!
Hey Dennis, I think it's usually cause and effect isn't it!

Lori Buff said...

That sounds like a great day. It does sound like it was very productive, just not the way you thought it would be.

Tracey Broome said...

I guess it was productive in that I met some great new people, met a new beverage and learned how to mosaic. Lots of fun! But I have to seriously work this coming week!

ang design said...

were you still drinking when you made the vid??? nice one trace