Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thank you Etsy Shoppers!

 WOW! I am so glad I got motivated to open my Etsy shop back up! Thank you bloggers for your orders yesterday, they went out this morning, should be arriving by Monday. I have one star left and yes, Vicki one is on reserve for you :)
 I spent my morning wrapping and packing stars. My pal Laura gave me some hand made papers and I wrapped the stars up in this pretty paper, added a clay raku bead and a little raffia. I think if people are going to take the time to shop in my Etsy shop for the holidays, the least I can do is make it worth opening the package, it is Christmas after all.  I love the experience of opening a pretty package, don't you? Unfortunately that message did NOT get through to my mom again this year. I got a check in the mail today, she suggested I go buy some boots at Belk or Rack Room.............. that's not going to happen...........sigh........
 I bought these natural waxed bags at Weaver St. Market. I borrowed this idea from one of Meredith's friends that makes soaps. I bought some soap from her at the Whynot party and it was packaged in a wax bag. I love that, and she said I could get some too, so I did!
Bye Bye little stars, safe travels.........
I set these on the counter at the Post Office and the clerk said, "anything fragile?"
Really?!

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Haha! Some people really don't open their eyes. I guess, it is a by rote, non-observational comment said all day, every day.

I am SO excited that I will receive a star in the not too distant future from across the seas, thousands of miles away :)
Thank you so much Tracey.

cookingwithgas said...

I use to go in and tell them that there were no flammables, liquids, perishables or small animals in these packages- the old mail folks laughed. The new ones- not so much.
Happy shipping!

Lori Buff said...

Sometimes it seems those big red signs are just targets for a foot or something. I hope they make it to their new homes without issue.

Shannon said...

Such a lovely present! Makes me realize this is not my thing, not my strong point. I might have to hire this skill set out. :)! It is a thoughtful thing you do.

smartcat said...

So glad this has worked for you. I love your pretty packaging. It's like getting a present....or having one ready to give!

You are sort of giving me a kick in the pants to get an Etsy shop up and running in2013......is that date right? Wasn't it just week the world was going nuts over the millenium?

Susan Wells said...

My postmistress always asks me too if there's anything fragile even when I clearly mark it. And then when I say yes, she insists on stamping it with her tired "fragile" stamp too. The post!!! congrats on your etsy sales!!!!

Michèle Hastings said...

Yay for Etsy sales! I stopped marking boxes with "Fragile" after someone who works at the post office told Jeff they like to toss those packages around more.

Your packaging is beautiful. I ship my pots in lovely bubble wrap :-). I do everything I can to keep my shipping costs down.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey ya'll, just catching up! thanks for the comments!!

Amy said...

tracey- beautiful packaging- and stars and all. where do you get your boxes and are stars in those big boxes? I've heard from other potter friends it's better to say to the USPS people that nothing is fragile- so that's what I've done. Hard to know!
I do what Meredith does.... I get tired of their questions, regardless.