Monday, March 25, 2013

....and another week begins

 Sunday was cold and rainy all day ( I sound like a broken record!) so I spent some time catching up on things I never get around to like cleaning out my desk drawers, editing magazines, throwing away stuff I pile up everywhere, and filing clips I tear out of magazines. Gerry was shooting the women's ACC so I had a quiet day alone.... my kitchen table is my favorite place in the house to work. In case you are wondering, (I know you are, potters) Brandon Phillips on the left, Alex Matisse by way of Mark Hewitt on the right. I eat out of that bowl morning, noon and night :)
 I'm working on putting together a look book, color and pattern ideas for weaving, for when I get good enough to think that far ahead and actually plan a weaving project. I was going to spend some time weaving, but I couldn't get into a creative head, so I did this.
 More about my package on Friday. I jumped on the tote offer at Old Grey Mare's blog and got two new totes in the mail, I love getting packages in the mail! Especially when they come wrapped as beautifully as this one!

They are so pretty and so roomy. I headed out to the grocery store as soon as I got them so I could fill them up! Check out Suzan's blog post for more photos of her totes here. They are such a bargain!
Things have settled down a bit around here, Gerry shoots his last basketball game tomorrow night, thank God, and as soon as the hockey season ends, life will be back to sort of normal.... wait, we don't do normal around here, never mind......
This week is filled with shopping for props, weaving, and getting ready for a weekend raku firing, lots to do!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I am Meredith and I have a tote problem.
Hi Meredith.
How did it begin.....
I am not allowed any more totes at this time, but her's are so pretty!
Enjoy!

Tracey Broome said...

I have a tote problem also, I just bought two to go with the other 20 I already own:)

oldgreymare said...

Your last photo is so much better than my photos!! lol I'll have to miimc that look with my next batch..I love your bowl and mug. I used to have pottery pieces and now that I am getting to know you more and more I am craving them again.. I do collect hand thrown bowls from a charity event held each year at our local high school. It feeds the local homeless and students and local potters provide thousands of bowls to sell each year.

oh and that table!!!! swoon

Lori Buff said...

But it's too pretty to resist.

Susan Wells said...

Really!! What is NOrmal? Totes are normal, but those look fabulous! Want! ARe we ever going to have warm weather around here?

Tracey Broome said...

Suzan, I live with a professional photographer, sometimes I get it right, haha!
Lori, I know, I know.......
Susan, NO, there will never be warm weather again, they lied to us about global warming, it's global COOLING instead, ha! The totes are great, she will make more!!!!