Saturday, October 18, 2014

One job, two jobs, one job.....





I'm back from a great week at the beach. We had good luck finding sponsors for the monk tour, ate some great food, and now begins the planning for a Sacred Arts Tour in Myrtle Beach for 2015. 

I also started a new job on Friday. I had no jobs, couldn't find any part time work. Then I found a part time job at the vintage store. Then my favorite store in town called and asked if I wanted to work Fridays and Saturdays. So I'm thinking I could do the vintage store and the garden store, but that didn't work out. I quit the vintage store and now I'm working on Fridays and Saturdays at the 
Fifth Season. I had so much fun the past two days! The hours flew by, I didn't even want to log out. I'm getting to help out with the merchandising, which I love and I am learning more than I ever knew existed about gardening, cheese making,brewing, soils, sooooo much! I'm working with a bunch of really nice young guys, so smart and funny and they just make everything so pleasant. Why can't all jobs be this way!?
They have a great website if you are interested in garden information. It's a very unique store and I am so glad the stars lined up and this job came around. I really needed to get out of the house! 
Wes is home this weekend and came by for a visit. Working Friday and Saturday will change my routines a bit, but not so much that it will be difficult. Just different. These days, different is good. I'll write more later, tired and going to bed for now!

9 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Yay you!

Tracey Broome said...

I know! You just gotta get back out in the world at some point!

Dennis Allen said...

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Anna M. Branner said...

It definitely sounds like you made the right choice! Great opportunity to keep learning for your own "homestead". :)

Michèle Hastings said...

the job sounds like a perfect fit for you! congrats.

Unknown said...

Yes! I think that was meant to be Tracey. You chose wisely ; ) although I bet your outfits are now shit! ( really wanted to see you in that expensive get up)

cookingwithgas said...

No kidding!! Now, when will we have lunch!!?? ;)
I do miss you. Xo

Lori Buff said...

Congratulations on finding a job that you really love, not everyone has that.

Anonymous said...

You have one of the fullest lives I know of!