Saturday, June 25, 2016

.....and then she flew away


A couple of years ago for Mother's Day, Gerry surprised me with these crazy chickens. They have become our constant source of entertainment and they are fitting in nicely here at our new place. They have started following Gerry everywhere he goes, and if he calls them, "come on girls", they come running. Who would have ever thought chickens could be so great.


This year for Fathers Day, I got Gerry two blueberry bushes, and I flew Wesley home from California as a surprise! She could only stay the week but it was a great week. Much too short a visit, but we squeezed a lot in. We went to a local garden store and bought a bunch of flowers for planting, since she has this new love for plants. She went one day and helped me reset a store, since I still had to work some this week. We cooked great meals, watched TV at night, ate popcorn, talked, laughed, cried, she visited her mentor/teacher at her old high school. Her mind is full and many decisions will probably be made in the coming months. She left with promises to be back soon, and I believe she just might be.


We continue to unpack, repair, build shelves, plant, garden, explore, and discover here in our new home. We were so happy to share our new place with Wesley and she will always have a home here with us if she needs/wants it.


We took her out for breakfast this morning and then said goodbye at the airport. Always the hardest thing, but at least I have stopped crying every time she leaves! I don't have a lot of photos, I tried to refrain from pointing the camera at her constantly. Poor girl, thats how she grew up.

I am in awe of my child. She has fears and anxiety, she is seeking her path, but she moves on bravely and with strength in her heart. Some days her face is so full of her doubts, but it still shines so bright. I hope her journey though this life will be easier as she finds herself and finds the thing that will fit with her many talents.  My brave beautiful girl..... I do love that child!

9 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Nice, great way to spend a week.
Being 20 something is hard, I remember, really I do.
I hope she flys back soon.

Tracey Broome said...

Being any age these days is hard, haha! its a different world....
I'm hopeful NC will call her back, fingers crossed

oldgreymareprimitives said...

All the decisions good and not so good, and uncertainty, and change, is good for them and makes them stronger. A child afraid to fly off on her own would not be healthy, so her wanderings are a sign of strength and independence and a sign that her folks loved her enough to give her wings.
So glad you got in a visit. I get to see mine in August and also a brother I have not seen in 10 years. ya just never know ...

Dennis Allen said...

Glad she was able to get home for a bit.

Vicki said...

Beautiful heartfelt words of a mother.
xx

Michèle Hastings said...

How wonderful that Wesley came and spent time in your new home. Danielle was in NC for 5 days, yesterday she flew back to CT... it's always hard to say goodbye.

Anna said...

lovely that your daughter could be home for Fathers Day.. my sons both live far away and we miss that day to day interaction.

Anonymous said...

Love glows out of all of these photos.

Tracey Broome said...

You guys, it was so great having Wesley here! and yes, the goodbyes and the distance are still so hard!