Friday, May 26, 2017

I got my life back


Last night I slept the most sound and peaceful sleep I have slept in over a year. Is anyone still out there? I never did figure out how to get my blog roll back and have not had a moment to find any of you out there.
Well, a lot has happened in my little life. I have been not liking  hating this job for awhile, 60 hour work weeks, gone out of town four days a week, sleeping in cheap ugly hotels, management that can't find their way out of a paper bag, listening to the woes of store managers that are worked to death, under appreciated, under paid, trying to reset stores that are filthy, too much heavy lifting, did you know you can get a vagina hernia? bruises on my body all the time, developed acid reflux, insomnia. All for a pay check. A good pay check, but at what cost?

Yesterday, the poor little man that tried to be my boss brought the new HR guy (they fired the previous one, the only African American mgt. ever in the company) to a store I was working in, and right there in front of customers, employees, managers, proceeded to tell me they were going to have to "let me go". I have a bit of a temper, so as you might imagine, it was not pretty and the word mother fucker flew out of my mouth more than it has in quite a while. I might have thrown the new Epson portable printer they gave me, and I also might have thrown the new laminator, which I loved and wish now I had kept..... ce la vie.

So, here I sit this morning with not a thing to do. I can't believe how good I feel. What a weight that has been lifted. I can go back to the person I really am, regain some creativity and some quality of life. It has been eye opening, walking in the shoes of those who work hard for a living for $10 an hour and deal with idiots that are trying to "manage" the company, but who are only interested in money and profit and cheating customers with 80% markup on cheap Chinese products and doing things like going to Napa auto parts, getting a $4 part and charging customers $20 to put it on.

NOW some really BIG news!!!!! I have been secretly working on weekends to open a new store, and what these fools did not realize is that I was planning to resign at the end of the month anyway, HA!
Go over to this link http://www.joshbroomehomestead.com and check out my new plan. Gerry and I are opening a garden/homesteading store in Mebane NC, hopefully by September, sooner if I get all my tax numbers in and get product ordered. This has been a dream of mine for so long and the Universe answered with many doors opening so easily, I will tell you more later.
Its good to be back!

16 comments:

P MacGillivray said...

I have friends in Mebane! I will send them your way.

cookingwithgas said...

Ah, breathe! I've missed you!! Xxxxxxxooooooo, m

littlemancat said...

Happy to "see" you and glad to hear you're free of that employment. I can't imagine how difficult it was to be on the road so much,happy for you!
Wonderful about your new venture - best of luck!
Mary

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks you guys, so good to hear from you, hopefully I can find time to blog again!

Anna M. Branner said...

I was fired once from a soul sucking job. (I was also a little afraid of one of the lawyers, he had a horrible temper and balled his fists while yelling) They told me I had a bad attitude. Was the best thing that ever happened to me. I too had a side thing growing. I don't know if I would have taken the leap to work for myself if they hadn't "released" me.

I'm excited!~ Now you can concentrate on your new baby!

Lori Watts said...

I AM SO GLAD I KEPT YOU ON MY BLOGROLL! I've thought of you occasionally, hoping everything is working out well for you. Sounds like, indeed, it is!

I once impulsively quit a job I'd liked well enough until a new manager took a dislike to my way of doing things. I had a stomach ache coming in to work every day, wondering what she was going to find to criticize...one day I cam in and there were SIX(!!!) emails from her, just saying "See me immediately!" She reprimanded me for covering a co-workers essential duties while he was on vacation (technically it was my job to do so anyway), without having cleared it with her first.

I remember the feeling of something tearing loose in my mind & thinking, You know what? There are other jobs. So I quit. Driving home after my last day, I thought I'd be anxious but I felt so free...no more stomach aches.

As you can see, it all turned out alright.

I know you'll be busy, so no worries if there's not time, but if you want to add me to your new blog roll, here's my link:
http://finemessblog.blogspot.com/
Keep us posted on your new adventure.

gz said...

If they treat people like that they are not worth ruining your health to work for them!
Hope the new venture goes well Gx

gz said...

ps...love the address of the new venture

Tracey Broome said...

Anna, I was definitely starting to get the should sucking feeling. The first year was fine, a new challenge, but I exceeded expectations and got bored really fast. Its hard to be a creative person in a black and white world.
Lori, thank you for listing your blog, I am trying to rebuild my list, I almost forgot how to use this template. I too have had the stomachaches, until today. I had no acid reflux or stomach issues, first time in almost a year. Thanks for checking in, I have missed everyone
GZ, so true, they are coldblooded money hungry managers.... sad for them, I had a great day, they worked in that miserable office they have, jokes on them!
Thanks everyone!! This was a good day:)

Laurie said...

How exciting! It looks like an awesome space. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you.

Tracey Broome said...

Soon, Laurie, very soon!!

imagine said...

It's great to have you back, you have been missed.
Once you stopped my heart went out of Blogging, reading your posts was the best part of my day.
Good luck with your new adventures.

smartcat said...

Funny-odd. I was going through my blog roll yesterday and wondered what had become of you! Presto! Here you are!
You are going to love having a life again. The new store sounds awesome and exciting. Looking forward to lots of photos.
How is the pup doing?

Michèle Hastings said...

Welcome back! As you can see we all have missed you. Your new adventure sounds really exciting. I also lost my blog roll around the same time you did. It has taken me forever to rebuild, and I am still working on it. Here is my link if you decide to rebuild your list:

http://meeshspottery.blogspot.com/

Lori Buff said...

Good for you. I hope the store does really well. You have shown a great ability to make that type of store thrive and enjoy the work.

Melissa Rohrer said...

Very exciting news. You will bring your own unique creativity to your shop.